It's really hard to believe that I've been stranded here in Loyang for one month, and even harder to believe that I've been working for about two months already! At this rate, I'll go through my customary three years without knowing.
During this period of time, I really have been blessed. Upon reflection, I realised that I have been given a lot without having worked hard or asking for it. Firstly, I have a very close group of friends who hold on tight to me, friends whom I know with absolute certainty will catch me when I fall, no questions ask, friends who will definitely walk with me my whole journey of life. I also recently met a special someone whom I am glad to add to my collection of close friends, who pretends to be a dictator, looks fierce but yet is very soft-hearted. She would go out of her way to ease my burden, share my work and make me smile. I enjoy a wonderful relationship with my family; despite our busy schedules, we will always make time for a meal with each other. Walking with me in my faith, I have several good friends whom I serve with, who would make an effort to remember me in their prayers, and reach out with words of encouragement. Not to forget one other who has been there for me, who never condemns me, who would hear my woes and offer me different perspectives, both worldy and spiritually. Colleagues at work are helpful, and they would never hesitate to reach out that helping hand, not just to answer questions that I have but also to decrease my workload. And lastly, one last person, who gets me the way no others can, without words or expression. He would try to protect me from the whole world if it is possible and shelter all ugliness from my life.
I am contented. More than contented. I am so blessed that even if someone were to raise a finger, point it at me and say "you don't deserve all this", I would agree.
Thank you to all of you who made my life so wonderful.
Labels: September 2009